2 dead in Massachusetts home; carbon monoxide poisoning eyed

MILFORD, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say two people have been found dead of possible carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Massachusetts home.

Paul Jarvey of the Worcester County district attorney’s office says authorities were called to the duplex in Milford at around 1:50 p.m. Friday. He says they found the bodies of a male and female inside a bedroom.

Jarvey says two other people from the residence were taken to a hospital and treated for what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

He says the deaths are under investigation.

The chief medical examiner’s office will perform autopsies on the victims. Their names are being withheld until family members can be notified.

Milford is about 30 miles southwest of Boston.

MEDIA GENERAL may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to MEDIA GENERAL Web sites, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

blog comments powered by Disqus