Roanoke County Firefighters extinguish Williamson Road business fire

ROANOKE (WSLS 10) – Roanoke Fire and Rescue crews say a contractor using a torch accidentally sparked lint that caused a fire at Valley Cleaners on Williamson Road Thursday afternoon.  Fire crews from Hollins, North County, and Fort Lewis along with a Roanoke City crew responded to the call.

When crews arrived, they found heavy black smoke coming from the business.

A worker was able to extinguish much of the fire by using a fire extinguisher.  It took firefighters only moments to finish the job.

One firefighter was injured and transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.



WSLS 10 may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to WSLS 10, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s