AMHERST COUNTY (WSLS 10) – Authorities say the wildfire in Amherst County is about 95% contained.
Authorities say crews were cleaning the area Monday night, as some much-needed rain fell over the fire.
Virginia Department of Transportation has opened both the North Fork Road (SR635) and Thrasher’s Creek Road (SR617).
Forest Service road closures are still in effect as crews continue mop up operations.
- The Mount Pleasant National Scenic Area is temporarily closed due to fire activities. All roads and trails within the Scenic Area are temporarily closed including
- Wiggins Spring Road/Hog Camp Gap Road (FR #48) is closed from the junction at State Route 634 (Coffeytown Road) through to Salt Log Gap
- Coon Bridge Road (FR #1167)
- Cow Camp Road (FR #520)
- Fletcher Mountain Road (FR #507)
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail (FT #1) from Long Mountain Wayside to Salt Log Gap
- Old Hotel Trail (FT #515)
- Henry Lanum Trail (FT #702)
- Pleasant Trail (FT #704)