Mary Rapoport from the Virginia Egg Council joins Natalie and Brittany in the Daytime Kitchen to make a green bean frittata.
Here’s the recipe:
Green Bean Frittata
4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained on paper towels and crumbled, reserving drippings
8 eggs, whisked with ¼ tsp. kosher salt and ¼ tsp. pepper
2 cups leftover green bean casserole (or 2 cups veggies)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese
French Fried onions for garnish
· Prepare bacon, and set aside, reserving part of the drippings in the skillet.
· Combine eggs with salt and pepper, bacon, green bean mixture and half the cheese.
· Pour mixture into bacon drippings in a hot skillet and cook over medium heat. As mixture sets run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting until almost set.
· Top with remaining cheese. Top with French fried onions and serve in wedges. Serves 6
Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe (in case you don’t have one)
1 18 oz. can Creamy Mushroom soup
1 T. soy sauce
2 T. Italian bread crumbs
3 (14.5 oz.) cans cut green beans, drained
1 2.8 oz. can French Fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 1 ½ qt. casserole. Combine everything in the casserole dish, reserving 1/3 can onion rings.
2. Bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with reserved onion rings and bake 10 longer.