WSLS 10/Union Bank 4K TV Giveaway
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The WSLS 10/Union Bank 4K TV Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSLS-TV (“WSLS-TV”) and Union Bank (“Union Bank”) (together, the “Promotion Parties”). Promotion is only offered in the WSLS viewing area in the Virginia counties of Appomattox, Alleghany, Amherst, Bath, Bedford, Bland, Botetourt, Campbell, Carroll, Charlotte, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Grayson, Halifax, Henry, Highland, Montgomery, Nelson, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, Rockbridge, and Wythe (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WSLS-TV shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on November 2, 2016 and consists of (a) ten (10) daily games (each a “Daily Game”) to select a total of ten (10) Daily Prize winners followed by (b) a random drawing to select the Second Chance winners for Unawarded Prizes (see below), if any.
- Entry deadline for each Daily Game is 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on the day before the scheduled Daily Game. Drawings to determine Daily Prize winners will be held on the night before each Daily Game. Final entry deadline is November 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. ET. Daily Prize winners will be announced during Virginia Today on WSLS 10 on week days from November 7, 2016 until November 18, 2016 and will have ten (10) minutes to call a designated telephone number to win. WSLS-TV’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- Unawarded Prizes (if any) will be offered in a Second Chance Drawing no later than November 25, 2016. It is possible that some or all prizes will be not awarded in this Promotion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). You are providing information to WSLS-TV and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Promotion must be directed to WSLS-TV and not to Facebook.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be above the age of majority in his or her state of residence and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above).
- Employees and volunteers of WSLS-TV, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), Union Bank, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
Prizes & ODDS
- Daily Prizes (10): 55-inch 4K Westinghouse TV. Approximate Retail Value: $500.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit one (1) prize per household.
- Actual value of any Daily Prize may vary, depending on industry fluctuations. If actual value of any Daily Prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- All prize details shall be at WSLS-TV’s sole discretion. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees. Any person who wins prizes through any WSLS-TV-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that WSLS-TV in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Merchandise prizes carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturers. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- To participate, you must first submit an entry form. Entries will be accepted beginning November 2, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET and ending November 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. ET. There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Online: To enter without a Facebook account, visit http://www.wsls.com and follow the instructions to complete an entry form with any Required Information.
The Facebook and online entry pages above are referred to collectively as the “Promotion Pages.” These are the only methods of entry. Entries will not be accepted via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- To be eligible for selection for any particular Daily Game, all entries must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. ET the day before the scheduled Daily Game. All entries must be received by WSLS-TV no later than November 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WSLS-TV. WSLS-TV will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Non-winning entries will carry forward to subsequent Daily Games, if any. Regardless of method, limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in WSLS-TV’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must include a valid e-mail address and telephone number for entrant or be associated with a valid Facebook account with a valid e-mail address for entrant. WSLS-TV is not responsible for communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account or e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account or e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address used for entry or that is associated with the Facebook account used for entry by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any Required Information may be disqualified without further notification by WSLS-TV. WSLS-TV is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WSLS-TV reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WSLS-TV and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WATCH VIRGINIA TODAY (11/7/16 – 11/18/16)
- Once you have submitted your entry form, watch Virginia Today (the “Show”) on week days at 6:10 a.m. ET starting on November 7, 2016 and ending on November 18, 2016 (the “Game Period”). Each week day during the Game Period, the name of one (1) person whose entry was randomly selected will be announced during the Show. That entrant will have ten (10) minutes to call the telephone number indicated. Subject to verification of eligibility, if he/she calls within the stated time period, he/she will be declared a Daily Prize winner. If not, the name of another entrant will be announced and the ten (10) minute call back process will be repeated. If a potential Daily Prize winner is not confirmed after a total of two (2) attempts, no further names will be announced during that Daily Game and that prize will be treated as an “Unawarded Prize” (see “Second Chance Drawing” below).
- In the event that fewer than ten (10) calls are received during any Daily Game, WSLS-TV reserves the right to replay that opportunity on a different day or time or to declare the last caller to be the Daily Prize winner. All dates and times are subject to change or cancellation in the event of technical issues or human error affecting the broadcast of any Daily Game, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, in WSLS-TV’s sole discretion, than the timely execution of the Promotion or timely broadcast of the Show. If any of the foregoing result in the non-broadcast of the Daily Game during the particular broadcast time, the corresponding prize will be treated as an Unawarded Prize.
- Proof of calling is not proof of receipt by WSLS-TV. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or methods or agents to enter or play are prohibited and may result in disqualification. No group submissions will be accepted. Each potential Daily Prize winner may be required to provide valid daytime telephone number or e-mail address. WSLS-TV is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are not completed as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Daily Prize winner based on a telephone number, the call will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the telephone number provided at the time of the call. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the telephone number by the relevant telecommunications provider.
- Each Daily Prize winner may be verified over the telephone and may be required to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WSLS-TV no later than ten (10) days after initial call. WSLS-TV in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
Second Chance DRAWING
- After the conclusion of the Daily Games, WSLS-TV will determine the number of Unawarded Prizes (if any) and offer them during a Second Chance Drawing (if necessary) no later than November 25, 2016. During the Second Chance Drawing, WSLS-TV will select the number of names equal to the number of Unawarded Prizes at random from all timely and properly submitted non-winning entries. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the Second Chance winners of the Unawarded Prizes.
- WSLS-TV will contact each potential Second Chance winner using the information provided on his/her entry form. Each potential Second Chance winner must respond to WSLS-TV within forty-eight (48) hours initial notification and may be required to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WSLS-TV no later than ten (10) days after initial notification. WSLS-TV in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
- In the event that any potential Second Chance winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WSLS-TV within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WSLS-TV in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. WSLS-TV will conduct up to two (2) alternate winner drawings for any prize. If WSLS-TV cannot verify a winner for a particular prize after two (2) alternate winner drawings, no further drawings will be held for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
- All verified winners must pick up their prizes at WSLS-TV’s studios at 401 Third Street S.W., Roanoke, Virginia, during regular business hours within thirty (30) days of initial call or notification as applicable. If any prize is shipped, winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. If applicable, WSLS-TV, in its sole discretion, may permit a verified winner to authorize, in writing, another adult to pick up his or her prize; provided that winner must agree to release and hold WSLS-TV harmless from all liability for any prize claimed by his or her authorized designee and winner’s designee will be required present photo ID.
- WSLS-TV may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names on the Promotion Pages and/or any of WSLS-TV’s websites, including http://www.wsls.com, and on or in any of WSLS-TV’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast them on any of WSLS-TV’s
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award WSLS-TV the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WSLS-TV’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that WSLS-TV, Union Bank, Media General, Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WSLS-TV by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, the announcement of any Daily Prize winner, the Second Chance Drawing, the administration of this Promotion, or the selection or announcement of the winners or prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the broadcast or non-broadcast of any Show, the announcement or non-announcement of any Daily Prize winner, the acceptance of entries, the Second Chance Drawing, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related, or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY DRAWING, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WSLS-TV reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that WSLS-TV determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WSLS-TV’s control. In such an event, WSLS-TV will post notice of same at the Promotion Pages and select the winners at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WSLS-TV, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WSLS-TV reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WSLS-TV concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WSLS-TV or any other Promotion Party, entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WSLS-TV to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WSLS-TV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WSLS-TV determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WSLS-TV reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. WSLS-TV reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WSLS-TV determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WSLS-TV. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with WSLS-TV and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- WSLS-TV reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WSLS-TV reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Virginia law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
- By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Roanoke, Virginia, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winners’ List/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Promotion Pages or http://www.wsls.com or mail a SASE to: WSLS 10/Union Bank 4K TV Giveaway c/o WSLS-TV, 401 3rd Street S.W., Roanoke, VA 24011, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after December 26, 2016.