Danville Fire Department reminding people about ladder safety after three people shocked


DANVILLE (WSLS 10) – The Danville Fire Department is warning about the dangers of using a ladder after three people were shocked over the weekend.

The three were working on the outside of a home on N. Main Street on Saturday when their aluminum ladder hit the power lines connected to the house.

Two of the three people had to be revived by emergency responders, the third person was conscious when firefighters arrived.

The fire department said this weekend’s incident serves as a timely reminder about staying safe while working outdoors, as many people will likely be out this time of year cleaning leaves out of their gutters and doing various other work on and around their homes.

“Steer clear of [power lines]. Don’t get within maybe 5 feet at the very least, maybe further,” said Battalion Chief Brian Alderson. “Another big problem people have is falls. Most companies don’t recommend going over the top three rungs.”

All three people are recovering at the hospital.

MEDIA GENERAL may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to MEDIA GENERAL Web sites, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s