Man transported to hospital following Danville house fire

Fire Marshal's Office investigates Danville house fire (Image 1)


DANVILLE (WSLS 10) – The Danville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 719 E. Green St. at 1:25 Sunday morning.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze and did not find anyone inside while they searched the home.

The Danville Fire Department said after the search was completed, a man told crews he had been inside the house and requested to be transported to Danville Regional Medical Center.

He was transported with a non-life threatening injury.

The fire was started in the kitchen and the cause was electrical, according to the department.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the home’s two residents.


MEDIA GENERAL may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to MEDIA GENERAL Web sites, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s