Three people injured by electric shock on North Main St. in Danville

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) – The Danville Fire Department was dispatched to a medical call with the possibility of three people electrocuted. Officials say crews arrived on scene and found two people lying on the ground with a third sitting on the ground. Both of the patients lying on the ground were found to not have a pulse and were not breathing.

Authorities say they started CPR on patient #1 and he regained a pulse and breathing within a minute. The automated external defibrillator (AED) was attached to patient #2. Officials said the AED analyzed the patient and shocked him one time and he quickly regained a pulse and breathing resumed. Both patients were then monitored and care was transferred to ambulances when they arrived. Patient #3 was awake but disoriented.

Authorities said the patients were shocked while moving a ladder against a house. The ladder slipped and struck an electric high voltage line that runs parallel to the house. They were all on the ground when this occurred. Patients #1 and #2 were transferred from Danville Regional Medical Center to the UNC Burn Center via air transport. Patient #3 remains at DRMC.

WSLS 10 may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to WSLS 10, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s