DANVILLE (WSLS 10) – The Danville Fire Department was dispatched to a medical call with the possibility of three people electrocuted. Officials say crews arrived on scene and found two people lying on the ground with a third sitting on the ground. Both of the patients lying on the ground were found to not have a pulse and were not breathing.
Authorities say they started CPR on patient #1 and he regained a pulse and breathing within a minute. The automated external defibrillator (AED) was attached to patient #2. Officials said the AED analyzed the patient and shocked him one time and he quickly regained a pulse and breathing resumed. Both patients were then monitored and care was transferred to ambulances when they arrived. Patient #3 was awake but disoriented.
Authorities said the patients were shocked while moving a ladder against a house. The ladder slipped and struck an electric high voltage line that runs parallel to the house. They were all on the ground when this occurred. Patients #1 and #2 were transferred from Danville Regional Medical Center to the UNC Burn Center via air transport. Patient #3 remains at DRMC.