Residents in Grandin area return home after gas leak


ROANOKE (WSLS 10) – Residents who had to evacuate Sunday afternoon due to a gas leak are back home tonight.

Earlier today, emergency crews evacuated the area after a tank leaked fuel at the Pure Gas Station in the 2300 Block of Grandin Road.

They said crews were digging to find out exactly where the leak spilled.

As a precaution, workers from the American Electric Power Company turned off the electricity to prevent sparks or flames.

Some people who live nearby were evacuated and a shelter has been setup at Patrick Henry High School.

“It’s a gas station who knows I didn’t know of a smell last night that i noticed, I’m just hoping to get my power back it’ll come back on when it gets on I assume they have it off for safety purposes, John Koger, a resident said.


MEDIA GENERAL may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to MEDIA GENERAL Web sites, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s