House fire in Roanoke County causes $15,000 in damages


ROANOKE COUNTY (WSLS 10) – A Roanoke County woman’s home caught on fire while she was asleep.

The woman was asleep Friday morning when her smoke alarm woke her. She had realized there was smoke in the house and called 911.

Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews were called to the 5400 block of Stayman Drive at just after 6 a.m. for a reported structure fire.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and saw the woman’s home with  a light haze showing.

Fire crews say they were able to control the fire after about 20 minutes and contained it to one bedroom.

Investigators have determined the fire was sparked by a battery in a laptop in one of the woman’s bedrooms.

Total damage estimates are $15,000.

MEDIA GENERAL may allow you to upload, post, transmit or otherwise provide content to MEDIA GENERAL Web sites, including, but not limited to, photos, video, audio, comments, articles, blogs, forums and any other such communication in which you provide content to the Web site ("User Content"). You agree that you are solely responsible for your communications and any content you provide. Read full terms and conditions of use by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s