ROANOKE (WSLS 10) – The winter weather has shoppers in a frenzy. People are racing to the nearest grocery store hoping to stock up for the days ahead.
The parking lot at Walmart near Valley View Mall was packed all day Sunday with shoppers getting food for the week. They say they’re getting basic items like bread, cereal and milk.
“It’s cold. I’m fine with tomorrow But I feel sorry, other people, you can see they are freezing.”
Many shoppers say they hope this weather passes quickly.
WSLS 10 gathered a checklist of things to help you get through the winter storm. Remember:
- If you take prescription medications make sure you have at least a 7-day supply.
- Drivers be sure to keep your gas tank at least half-full, that helps prevent your fuel from freezing
- Parents of small children – don’t forget about baby supplies, and pet owners – make sure you have plenty of pet supplies as well. Do not leave your animal outside
- Charge your electronics in case of a power outage
- Have plenty of non-perishable foods