FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) – A fire marshal has found that an explosion that hurt three people at a northern Virginia shopping center was accidental.
A Falls Church spokeswoman says in an email that the town’s fire marshal, Tom Polera, found that the fire was caused by improper use of propane and oxygen, and that it was accidental.
City spokeswoman Susan Finarelli says the explosion at the Eden Center happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. She says three people had burns and cuts that were considered non-life-threatening.
She says the explosion caused more than $1 million in damages.
According to its website, the Eden Center is an Asian mall with about 120 stores.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.