Chef Aaron Deal, The River and Rail
• 8 1/2 ounce(s) whole milk
• 1 ounce(s) 40% heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) coriander seeds
• 2 ea Allspice Berries
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/8 t Vanilla Paste
• 1 tablespoon(s) Cocoa powder
• 1 1/2 ounce(s) Milk Chocolate, chopped
• 1 1/2 ounce(s) Dark Chocolate, chopped
1. Add the coriander seeds, cinnamon stick and allspice to a hot pot and toast until just fragrant.
2. Next, add the milk and cream and bring to a boil.
3. Scrape the vanilla bean and add to the milk mixture. Stir in the cocoa powder and combine well.
4. Strain the milk mixture over the chopped milk and dark chocolate. Mix well until the chocolate is melted. Strain one more time. It's now ready to serve!