New Year's Eve Food & Drinks – Amy Carter, Sarah's Place
1 package baby portabella mushrooms
Left over stuffing
1 cup sausage, cooked (1 cup to 2 cups stuffing)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Rinse and dry mushrooms, remove stems leaving the caps whole
Mix the stuffing and sausage together
Fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture and place on a baking sheet
Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on size until hot.
1 pear, peeled and finely diced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
zest of 1 lemon
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 (8″x8″) sheet store bought puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375¢ªF.
2. Spread diced pear onto a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, zest lemon over top, sprinkle with salt, and roast for about 20 minutes or until pear has caramelized, but are not mushy. Remove from oven and allow fruit to cool completely
3. Raise oven temperature to 400¢ªF.
4. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, cinnamon and cardamom and stir together until completely combined.
5. Spread puff pastry sheet onto a clean surface, brush with the egg and cut into 16 (2″) squares.
6. At the four corners of each square, cut a 1/2 inch incision towards the center.
7. Fill the center of each pastry square with a 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and top with a 1 teaspoon roasted persimmon.
8. Gently take every other corner of each square and bring it to the center, gently pressing the pastry together in the center to seal it.
9. Place pinwheels onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart and sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Allow pinwheels to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Ham and Cheese Spread
1½ cups Ham, finely chopped
8oz Cream Cheese
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 cup Walnuts, Chopped
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for at least an hour then serve.
New Year's Madras
1 1/2 ounces cranberry vodka
1/2 ounce cranberry juice
1 ounce orange juice
1 cherry (to garnish)
In a highball glass full of ice, mix one and a half ounces cranberry vodka, half an ounce of cranberry juice and one ounce orange juice. Stir and serve. You can garnish it with a cherry.
New Years Spritzer
5 cups orange juice
2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink
1 1/2 cups vodka
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs