We honor our WSLS Red Cross firefighter heroes after they rescued a dog from a burning apartment building.
You may remember back in April a fire gutted this building a Cedar Point in Roanoke County.
Everyone made it out of the building okay, but several pets were trapped inside.
After about an hour dousing the burning building with water a crew from Clearbrook Fire Department grabbed a dog Bailey from a third floor balcony.
“We had been there for a while and I think everybody was initially just shocked because that was where most of the fire was,” said Denise Teehan, firefighter.
“These guys set up the ladder and I climbed up and grabbed him and pulled him down the ladder, that's pretty much it, nothing heroic about it,” said Lt. Tim Craighead.
The crew is humble about their response, but their quick thinking meant Bailey was back to herself the next day.