By Wsls-Tv Staff Reports
A Patrick Henry High School athlete receives a statewide honor.
Wendy's chose Caroline Brailsford as its Virginia winner in the girls category for the High School Heisman award. Caroline will move on to compete for the national award.
The award recognizes an athlete's performance on the field, in the classroom, and in the community.
“Colleges want well-rounded students and with admissions growing more selective, a national award like the Wendy’s High School Heisman can really help students stand out,” said Archie Griffin, two-time collegiate Heisman Trophy winner, in a news release.
Caroline beat out the following local finalists for Virginia:
- Rachel Guilliams of William Byrd High School
- Sara Wright of Pulaski County High School
- Emily Rawlings of Northside High School
- Nicole Shelton of Bassett High School
- Micah Brickhill of Liberty Christian Academy